Re: Rust is the devil

To: jkennedy@MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: Rust is the devil
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 1996 08:34:42 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
jkennedy@MIT.EDU wrote:

> I have a very damp concrete garage and must store my Spit in a sealed
> environment.  Dri-bag is no longer sold by Marshall Engineering.  Pine Ridge
> wants $100 for what is pretty much just a polyethylene bag.
>
> Does anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced pre-made bag, or even
> just the dessicant itself?  I could make the poly bag.

There is a company making a product called the "OmniBag."  I received
some information on it (including a pair of glossy brochures) from
the Vintage Triumphs of Wisconsin club with their most recent
newsletter.   I believe I still have the information at home, or
somebody else from the VTOW may be on-line and have it handy.
They had an 800 number (something like 1-800-5CARBAG).  Prices
seemed to be around $100 for a basic bag (including dessicant) and
around $200 for a heavy-duty version.

--ken
VTR WWW Maintainer -- http://www.vtr.org
'74 TR6 Daily Driver