Re: Rust is the devil

To: <jkennedy@MIT.EDU>
Subject: Re: Rust is the devil
From: "Mike Guntner" <mikeg@axess.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 21:43:33 -0400
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Jim,

Pressently looking into the same. I'll let you know what I find in the next
several days. But I did find a product that provides better corrossion
ressistance than dessicant. It's sold in pills, bags and "hockey pucks".
They use this stuff in long term storage of various Aeronautical and Heavy
industries.

I'll keep you posted.

Mike G.
'71 (soon to be in need of a frame) TR6
mikeg@axess.com

----------
> From: jkennedy@MIT.EDU
> To: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Rust is the devil
> Date: Monday, October 07, 1996 8:31 PM
>

> I have a very damp concrete garage and must store my Spit in a sealed
> environment.  Dri-bag is no longer sold by Marshall Engineering.  Pine
Ridge
> wants $100 for what is pretty much just a polyethylene bag.
>
> Does anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced pre-made bag, or
even
> just the dessicant itself?  I could make the poly bag.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jim Kennedy
> '72 Spitfire
>
> BTW - Enjoyed the car sans top immensely this Sunday, but got a lot of
crazy
> looks from people because of the cold weather.  I guess they don't
understand.