Re: paint removal (fwd)

To: "Doug Mathews" <MATHEWS@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
Subject: Re: paint removal (fwd)
From: "Mike Guntner" <mikeg@axess.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 21:32:42 -0400
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Doug,

Media blasting is a general term. There are various types which could be of
interest. The following two mentioned are most widely available:

PMB: Plastic Media Blast, fine particles of plastic
SMB: Shell Media Blast, fine particles of nut shells, again you can have
many different types of shell - specify soft!

I Have used both, found plastic to work quicker . However, I experimented
last year with starch. You can actually adjust the pressure guage that will
determine how much paint you want to take off. What this means is that if
your primer is still good and your not having to do any rust work, you can
bring the car down to strictly primer and repaint. I saved alot of time &
money.

Now, having said all this, I can't help you on where to go to get these
services. Best bet may be to look in phone book or talk to local large
machinery refurbishement co's. They should be able to lead you in the right
direction.

Good luck!

Mike G.
'71 (soon to be in need of a frame) TR6