RE: TR3 Radio

To: Tom Linder <linder@ccnet.com>, "Paulsv@aol.com" <Paulsv@aol.com>
Subject: RE: TR3 Radio
From: twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman)
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 06:32:02 -0700
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
At  6:14 PM 9/27/96 +0000, Tom Linder wrote:
>----------
>From:   John Haynes[SMTP:johnhaynes@som-uky.campus.mci.net]

>I have a 1958 TR-3A and noticed the hole on the passenger-compartment side
>when air began to blow thorough it at high speed. I had no idea it was made
>for a speaker. There's no hole on the other side.
>
>Tom Linder

ALL early TR2 & 3s came with a 7 inch speaker hole on the right kickpanel.
This hole does not indicate that a radio was installed.  It indicates that
a designer thought it would be nice to have a place to put a speaker in
case a radio was installed.  Later TR3s did not have this speaker hole.

I'm not 100% positive but I believe that Triumph did not offer a TR3
labeled radio during the TR3A production run.  I think they started during
the TR4 production run.

TeriAnn

twakeman@scruznet.com