Re: Water wetter

To: Godafoss@aol.com
Subject: Re: Water wetter
From: Chad Jester <triumph@igc.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 1996 07:13:02 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Godafoss@aol.com wrote:

> To that end, I put a bottle of RedLine wetter in my Stag, temp dropped down
> to the thermostat controlled range. Very impressive. This represents about
> 1/3 of the gauge. To be effective, one must reduce the ratio of
> anti-freeze:water. For the Stag, I put in 2 quarts of Prestone, one bottle
> RedLine, the rest tap water--approx. 3 1/2 gals.

I agree.  My '66 El Camino (LBC parts chaser) with a 396 V-8 used to run
on the
Jagged edge of overheating.  I drained the coolant, refilled with water
and a bottle of water wetter.  I can now idle in the hot Florida sun
with no problem.  To get the maximum benefit from Water Wetter, it
should be run with water only...no antifreeze.  Water Wetter contains
the rust inhibitors needed to protect your system from rusting.  It DOES
NOT provide any protection angainst freezing!  You guys that live in the
Northern Climates need to continue using Prestone.