Re: 73 TR6 Vacuum Hose and more.

To: bill <triumph1@nr.infi.net>
Subject: Re: 73 TR6 Vacuum Hose and more.
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 1996 20:20:29 +0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Bill; Thanks for the advice on the vacum lines.
 On the matter of the transmission, I plan to use the '73 box in my
car, since it's working flawlessly. Anyone anticipate any problems
with this?
Also, here's another question concerning crankshaft free play. I got
out the vernier calipers and measured .083" runout at the front
pulley. I arrived at this figure by gently levering the front pulley
rearward with large screwdriver, then stepping on the clutch and
measuring the amount of forward movement. Did I do this correctly?
(This is the engine that's in the car now.)
 At what point does the block become junk? It'd be nice to have a
rebuidable spare motor. I guess I'll have to tear it down after I swap
in the rebulit engine. I'm amazed that an engine with that much slop
in the crank can still run as smooth and quiet as it does!
And, I'd like to thank everyone for helping out, the advice I've
gotten makes being a TR6 newbie a whole lot easier.