Re: speed of water in radiator

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: speed of water in radiator
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 14:44:46 -0700
Yikes - I didn't mean to spark such controversy.  I assumed that most people
knew what too fast a flow ( or too slow) entails, no matter what the theory,
and in theory bumble bees can't fly, but in the real world things don't
always happen the way theory dictates - and as you stated, regardless of
why, too fast a flow can cause overheating.  Does it really matter why, the
result is a very hot motor!  By the way, race cars do use a flow restricter
to, guess what, keep the heat in check :-)

I've probably secured the wrath of the "Perpetual Flight of the Bumble Bee"
lobby! Damn. . . wheres that pond when you need it!
Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com
Bschwart@pacbell.net
63' Spitfire,  72'-V6 Spitfire   70'GT6+