TR 3 Steering Box

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR 3 Steering Box
From: dwilliam@mail.educ.gov.bc.ca (David Williams)
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 1996 12:43:47 -0800
I'm waiting for some new parts on the steering box (bearings, gaskets,
etc...) and the thought has ocurred to me...what constitutes "need to
replace" for the worm gear in this thing.  The worm gear has a couple of
'chips' out of the metal but appears to work OK and turn smoothly.  Can
anyone with steering box expertise tell me what might be a sign that I need
to spend the (considerable) $ for a new worm gear?

....and for those of you who have been waiting in anticipation.....the
control head on my steering wheel turns out to be a TR 3 control head
(thanks to Andy Mace for running down the part number) ....but no one has
identified the horn button with the diamonds on it (best guess so far is a
58 Standard Vanguard)...which brings me to a request...anyone have a
genuine TR 3 horn button (plain black) from a defunct control head that
they'd like to see in a fine home???? (namely my continuing frame-off the
TS12287L saga)

David J. R. Williams
TS 12287L
CF 18015