Re: Head Gasket Replacement - Hylomar

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Head Gasket Replacement - Hylomar
From: Steve Sutton <ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 14:25:59 -0700
Conversation-id: <2DA56D00BD6@orchid.le.ac.uk>
Posted-date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 14:28:26 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings,

    For those of you interested, HYLOMAR hi-temp gasket dressing, which is
specified all over the place in the Bentley manuals,  is availabe here in the
U.S.  It is sold as LOCTITE #819 (part # 81997), comes in a brown package with
a 1.5oz tube for about $4.00.  It is carried by quite a few of auto-parts
stores - NAPA, Big A, Kragen, Pep Boys, etc... at least in my part of
California.

And yes, my TR is completely rust-free as well -- imported into San Francisco
and spent it whle life in California, although *probably* not near the ocean...

Steve Sutton
74 1/2 TR-6
ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us