Re: FW: Caliper Pistons Problem

To: "Vincenti, Ross" <VINCENR@transamerica.com>
Subject: Re: FW: Caliper Pistons Problem
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@fn.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 1996 14:31:09 +0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Ross:

I did (!!!) take my calipers apart.  I know, I know... everything I
read and hear says DO NOT TAKE THE CALIPERS APART.  But, given the
condition of my project car at time of purchase, I couldn't stand the
thought of the condition of that small rubber seal between the caliper
halves at the fluid holes, not knowing how many years worth of old
DOT 3 (or worse) fluid had been in there.  Surprisingly, the seals
look/feel very good.  So, one of these days I'll let you know if my
re-assembly was successful - or if I've purchased ($$!) new calipers.

Thanks for your original question.  Brian's response was helpful to
me, also.

Martin Libhart
Wichita, KS
1970 Spitfire-In-Progress