glass bowl fuel pumps-

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: glass bowl fuel pumps-
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 07:29:04 -0700
>     I have three GT-6s, but only the Mark 1 engine I inherited has the
>     glass bowl...and like you, I really dig that peculiarly old fashioned
>     approach to safety...so...
>
>     my question(s) to you is (are)...
>
>        a)  Do Mark 2s have the glass bowl as OEM?
>
>        b) If not, how did you contrive the set-up you have...I note that
>     the glass bowl version has a differently shaped operating lever than
>     the later pumps with which my Mark 2 and Mark 3 engines are >equipped.
>
>     I surmize that one could remove the operating lever (that rides on the
>     cam) and replace it with the lever from the newer version of the pump
>     (non glass bowl) but would appreciate your thoughts on such a
>     modification
Very astute - can't pull anything over on this list!  You are correct in
that only the MK1 GT's had this pump, no MK2's that I know of had the pump
with the glass bowl.  They all use that funky metal top unit common to the MK3.
Correct, all one has to do is exchange the levers on the pumps, works like a
charm, and looks really cool too!  I believe the inlet/outlet? is in a
slightly different location (it's been a while since I did this) but nothing
that can't be corrected with a little bending of the fuel lines-
Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com
Bschwart@pacbell.net
63' Spitfire,  72'-V6 Spitfire   70'GT6+