Re: Spitfire Front Wheel Bearings

To: Ralph Jannelli <rjannelli@uncc.campus.mci.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Front Wheel Bearings
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 12:03:58 +0400 (EDT)
Cc: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Wed, 2 Oct 1996, Ralph Jannelli wrote:

> The factory manual for Spitfire Herald120 and Vitesse page 4-117 states:

Why on earth would you bother with the Factory Workshop Manual, written
by the same folks who designed the car, when you can get information
from other sources, written by people who obviously know so much more
than the mere designers and engineers of Standard-Triumph could ever
hope to know? ;-)

Thank you for posting that. Call me odd (and I know you will!), but I
still find the factory books the single best source of information --
even better than the "augmented" Bentley manuals.

In fairness, though, the later (1970s) factory manuals stink in terms of
organization, clarity and completeness, compared to the older ones!

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *