Re: Rust Preventive Coatings

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, Martin Libhart <mlibhart@fn.net>
Subject: Re: Rust Preventive Coatings
From: "Peter Mchugh" <PMCHUGH@mail.hq.faa.gov>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 96 14:28:46 EST
     Martin Libhart asked about Corroless...which I have used and
     previously touted as an easy to use, seemingly excellent rust
     inhibiter/preventative.  I've used it on all hidden areas of my GT-6
     and as primer for all interior...works well with enamels and needs an
     additional primer for modern sythetic paints and poly coats.

     I won't be able to speak to how well it protects for another hundred
     years...so have to believe the provided promotional material which
     says North Sea oil derricks hardly rust at all if coated with
     corroless...no rust on my stuff yet...going on a year and half!

     Cheers