RE: Ignition Switch Update/Sanity Check

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Ignition Switch Update/Sanity Check
From: Jim Cullen <jcullen@direct.ca>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 23:02:20 -0700
Thanks to all who responded regarding my question about my ignition switch
locking up intermittently. I got a new key cut and that seemed to correct
the problem for a bit, but then it reared its ugly head again. I got halfway
through pulling the ignition switch out to replace it, and remembered
someone suggested I lube it with a graphite lubricant (thanks Clay Scott). I
put about a third of a can of WD-40 in and so far so good. I'm not sure if
WD-40 is a graphite lubricant, but it works so I don't really care. Now
instead of spending money on a new switch I can buy the balljoints and tire
rod ends I know I need to replace.

On a lighter note:

>Just hold a One Iron up over your head as the lightening crashes about you.
> As Lee Trevino once said, "Even God can't hit a one iron."  :-)
>JoeSimcoe

The bad news about that is that Lee Trevino got hit by lightening on the
golf course.

Cheers,

Jim Cullen, 1974 Spitfire aka "Jade"