Re: Spitfire tales Part 2

To: Postma <postma@interaccess.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire tales Part 2
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 10:23:29 +0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Mon, 30 Sep 1996, Postma wrote:

> We did find two objects safely ensconced in the nether regions of the dash
> that I believe to be the hazard and turnsignal flashers (which one is which
> is still open to discussion).

Maybe it's different on the later 1500s, but most Triumphs equipped with
hazard flashers will have a two-pronged turn signal flasher unit
(originally Lucas) and a three-pronged hazard flasher unit (usually
originally made by Signal-Stat, Brooklyn, NY, USofA).

> The left rear wheel's list to port is indeed
> suspension related however we found a temporary cure ( always drive on a
> road that has a negative crown, it doens't fix the wheel camber but no one
> notices it).

Buy a new spring! :-)

> The duct tape is still holding the top together and I pray it says inplace
> until the new top arrives from TRF along with the domed nuts and spacers to
> hold the hood frame together. We did manage to find the horn ( it was in the
> trunk where the spare tire should be,under the luggage rack)

Who needs a top? It's only October 1, for goodness sake! Send it back
and buy a new spring! :-)

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *