Building an early Spit autocrosser

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net"@tin
Subject: Building an early Spit autocrosser
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-537-6732)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 17:12:46 -0500
Hello fellow car nuts,

In inventorying the junk I have to move to my new place, I realized that
I have these parts laying around:

1. a fairly straight Spit mk2 tub with rear wings;

2. an extra pair of Spit Mk2 doors;

3. several early Spit boot lids;

4. two spit mk2 bonnets;

5. a spit mk2 frame with 4.11:1 diff

6. a 1500 engine and later Spit gearbox

7. a 1100 engine

8. couple of windscreens.

9. a Weber 45DCOE on an 8-port manifold.

It looks to me like I got enough parts to throw together a cool-looking
early Spit autocrosser. Oh, I've got an 8-port header, too.

The Weber & manifold were on a 1300 - will they fit a 1500?

I'd kind of like to try to make this car as quick as possible - could anyone
lead me to some books on how to do this? I know the rear axle setup on a
Mk2 is pretty bad - how do I go the swing-spring?

Any and all advice welcome!

Larry