TR3 frost plug.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 frost plug.
From: Angelo Graham <a3graham@mc1adm.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 15:26:36 -0400
Has anyone had experience with trying to remove and replace the frost plug
in the rear of the head in a TR3?  The plug in my car has sprung a leak and
there is very little clearance between the head and firewall (bulkhead).  I
am reluctant to remove the head for fear of dislodging the sleeves.  The
engine runs really well and doesn't need attention, so I would like to leave
it in one piece.  I presently have the rad out and the front clip off, so my
inclination is to loosen the motor and transmission mounts and to lift the
entire assembly forward a few inches to gain enough clearance to access the
frost plug.  Lots of stuff to dissasemble, however.  Any suggestions from
anyone?
I would like to replace the plug with one of the aftermarket type with an
expanding rubber fitting.

Many Thanks
Angelo Graham