Refurbishing Dashes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (triumphs)
Subject: Refurbishing Dashes
From: muntsb@HiWAAY.net (Bill Munts)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 96 17:22:18 GMT
After the recent thread and direct e-mails I received on repair or replacing
the veneer on dashes a question crossed my mind.  Is there a need in our hobby
for someone that is willing and able to refurbish dashes as a service?  For all
I know there may already be people doing this.

My initial concept is that you could send me your old dash.  I would then
refurbish it to your specs and return it.  I am fairly sure I could do this for
a cost that would cover expenses plus a little for my time and in the end save
you a good bit of money over a totally new dash.  You would have a greater
selection of wood types and finishes if you wanted.

I am posting this is judge the level of interest.  A good bit of time would be
required to document labeling, finish, and wood types that were original and
determine a cost.  If you are interested or have any comments you can e-mail me
directly.

Thanks

Bill M.
'70 MkIII Spitfire