TR2 Fulcrum pin Q's

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR2 Fulcrum pin Q's
From: john gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 09:01:20 +0100
Cc: jgillis@tcd.ie
I am in the process of nut and bolt job on my '54 TR2.I have just finished one
side of the front suspension, which all went together nicely thank you very
much.The one question I do have for the collective wisdom of the list is
regarding
the Upper fulcrum pin which bolts to the spring tower. When bolting the upper
wishbone arms back on the pin I could find no trace of a hole in the thread for
a split pin. I found this to be the case at both ends. I then checked the
fulcrum
pin on the other side of the car (which was also removed earlier) and this also
showed no holes. I checked back on some video footage I took before stripping
the chassis down and sure enough There are slotted nuts and split pins in place
as far as I can make out. Can anyone tell me if these fulcrum pins ever came
with no holes for split pins and used Nyloc nuts instead.Or am I missing
something
more basic. P.S I suspect these are the original items and not replacements.

John Gillis 14th Triumph