RE: Doug Mitchell / Courier van

To: Daren Allder <dallder@bicronne.tcom.co.uk>
Subject: RE: Doug Mitchell / Courier van
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 12:24:30 +0400 (EDT)
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Mon, 29 Jul 1996, Daren Allder wrote:

> Give me a Herald any day....

Funny. I've been using that line for 20 years now. You know, it's worked
at least three times for complete, if sometimes good only for parts,
cars and well as any number of times for collections of bits that were
taking up space in someone's home or garage!

> What is a Spitfire anyway except a Herald with
> half the style and practicality sucked out?

Daren, Daren, Daren. We Herald folks are above that now, aren't we? :-)
You're right, of course, but you know how kids (Spitfires) often upstage
their parents (Heralds). And how many noble Heralds have given freely,
yet without complaint, of their many bits so that a Spitfire might
continue to live?

Andy -- 64 1200 Conv., 60 948SC saloon, 60 948TC Conv., 61 948TC Coupe'
(the last one coming soon to a barn near me); and others who have given
their lives for their fellow small-chassis Triumphs!

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *