Re: TR6 Speedo

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Speedo
From: "Bruce A. Krobusek" <74106.1335@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 29 Jul 96 12:04:18 EDT
>Ah, that's where the angled adaptor is used.  Is the angled adaptor needed
>for the O/D box?  Why is it used there, and not on the standard 6?

I do recall that the folks that put in my O/D tranny mentioned the angled
adapter.
At the time I thought it was strictly for clearance, but now I'm wondering if
there's
some sort of reduction being done as well. If I remember I'll ask them this
afternoon.

BTW - I don't think the bouncing speedo is related to this. Mine's been bouncing
since I bought the car, and the angled adapter hasn't helped. Next thing to try
is the cable, but I'm beginning to think the problem is in the speedo.

Does anyone know if there's anything that can be done inside the speedo to
lube/grease it and make it run more smoothly?

     - BAK -

      Bruce A. Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       tinyhost@aol.com