Re: TR6 Speedo

To: TR6Massey@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Speedo
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 09:28:59 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Sat, 27 Jul 1996 TR6Massey@aol.com wrote:

> Bob,

Hi there.

> I tried to take my speedo apart and couldn't because the odometer reset ...
> uhm ... uhm ... ah thingie (to use your terminology) wouldn't let me.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. There's the little cable for the odometer
reset. Whoops. Seems to me that I unthreaded a little cable connector or
something to get that out. I'll have to look, will report back here when
I get a chance (it's newsletter time, so I'm a little pressed for time).
I'll try to look tonite (monday 29-July-96).

I don't recall the odometer reset cable being a big challenge though.

> Me: come on out of there you #@^^&%#.
>
> Speedo Thingie:  NO NO NO.
>
> My speedo works fine up to about 50 and then starts to bounce.

Mine's kind the opposite: it bounce at low speed and then gets pretty
steady at 50 or higher.

Perhaps we should merge our two speedometers and see what happens. My
hypothesis is that we would get one unit that is steady at all speeds and
one that will bounce all over the place even when sitting still. ;-).

> I await your response.

This is it.

> Dave

rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |
url: http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/user/b/l/blang/www/home.html
Quote: You'll have to talk to my attorney about that topic...