TR6 - Oil Filter Conversion

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 - Oil Filter Conversion
From: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 1996 09:49:58 -0400
Our next mechanical project may be converting from the original OIl Filter to
the new adaptor w/ spin on Filter.

There was a thread about this awhile back but I didn't pay too much attention
to it.

Would anyone care to give me the Pro's and Con's of this conversion along
with how difficult it is, things to watch out for and the aftermarket filter
of choice that fits the best in that small space.

Also, I would like to hear your opinions of whether to go ahead and add the
oil cooler at that time.  I don't believe I will do the external feed to the
rockers - after reading the recent thread on it and after inspecting the
assembly when I had the rocker cover off this weekend.  (no signs of oil
starvation or wear - so If it aint broke I'm not inclined to fix it)

TIA
JoeSimcoe

P.S.  -  Grace gave me a great picture of her and her 74 TR6 for my birthday
- do we have anyplace to post GIF's on a Triumph server???  (Team.Net - VTR -
SOL ????)