TR6 prices

To: <pficklin@qnis.net>
Subject: TR6 prices
From: "Sean Johnson" <sean_johnson@milacron.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 96 12:49:52 -24000
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I've found a good way to look for used car prices. [Hemmings works too, but
isn't on line].

go to http://www.traderonline.com  and run a nationwide search for Triumph
TR6 in the price range 0-2000.  You'll probably come up with a half a dozen
cars.  Keep upping the price until the descriptions match what you're looking
at.  In this case I think $2k is about $1k too much.

Unfortunately, when you point out the car they've ignored for ten years,
about 50% of people get greedy.  The $500 parts car you're looking at
suddenly becomes a $2000 "classic" in the owners eyes.  Pointing their greed
out to them doesn't do any good; 'best thing to do is walk away.

I wanted to buy a Porsche 914 a few years ago.  You should have seen the junk
people thought was worth $2000 just because it had "Porsche" on it.

Better luck next time,

regards,

Sean Johnson