Grey Paint

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Grey Paint
From: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 21:34:05 -0400
Didn't I see a thread on this in the last couple of days ????

Anyway - one of my projects was to paint the valve cover when I had it off
adjusting the valves.  Too cheap to buy the Moss and/or TRF paint (didn't
have an order going at the time) I tried to find the ford paint which TRF was
kind enough to give me the number on  -  no luck.

I did however find a can of "Ferguson Grey" at the local NAPA store.  Me
thinks "Feguson - early TR engines - what the H*** maybe they used Ferguson
paint on the latter cars"

To be hones (my eye isn't the best, but good)  I couldn't tell the difference
between the paint and the color on my wheels.  (on a 74 the valve cover WAS
painted wasn't it ??  -  If not don't dare tell me, I DON'T WANT TO KNOW)

The of course assumes that the color of my wheels is original and I have to
admit, I can't tell you they are for certain, not having anything to compare
them to.

Anyway I thought some folks might find this interesting.

JoeSimcoe
74 TR6  (Grace's)
68 TR250  (Mine :-)