Re: TR-6 Brake Idiot Light on ?

To: triumphs@autox.TEAM.net
Subject: Re: TR-6 Brake Idiot Light on ?
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 15:02:33 -0400
Hey John & John,

I think Joe's correct regarding your brake light, IMS the PDWA stands for
Pressure Differential Warning Activator (?) light, which is tripped when
its centering is disrupted by a loss of pressure toward either the front
or rear brake circuits (yes, we have split systems, most obvious as the
baffle in the fluid reservoir, and the two brake lines running down from
the master to a junction block, where the PDWA is located).

Possibly a slow leak at a wheel cylinder has drained enough fluid over
time to trip the PDWA;  a simple bleeding may re-center things for quite
a while.  I suggest spraying WD-40 on the bleeder screws and waiting a
day or two before attempting the bleeding--might save you getting some
unexpected practice with an EZ-out...also, use a box-end wrench that is
a proper fit !!  Can you tell I've done this the hard way before ??

Best regards,
Tom Tweed
TR-250
SW Ohio