Lucas corporate philosophy

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lucas corporate philosophy
From: Francois Demont <100304.2046@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 21 Jul 96 06:11:04 EDT
Bob (random-de-Lucas corporate philosophy) Sykes wrote :
>>>Rather than use 12V guages or a solid state regulator for the ~10V required
to run our guages;  Lucas took the opportunity to devise a much more
sophisticated system.  The "de-stabilizer" takes the nice regulated output of
the alternator and "chops" it into a pseudo-square wave, with an average value
of ~10V.<<<

Well, it works very well on my MK3 Spitfire for nearly thirty years now...

Francois Demont 100304.2046@compuserve.com