Re: A few lingering Weber questions

Subject: Re: A few lingering Weber questions
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egilk@sn.no>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 18:36:04 GMT
Apparently-to: triumphs@autox.team.net
Newsgroups: mail.triumphs
On Mon, 22 Jul 1996, Bill Lattimer wrote:

> 1. Using a hose to a puke can.  Decided this was just adding MORE
> maintenence and I was trying to reduce maint. when I did the Weber
>
> 2. Using a K&N filter that clamps to the tube.  I was worried that this
> was just too close to the header

For the record:  Although I'm not familiar with US regulations in this
area, I would assume that you are not allowed to vent the crankcase to the
ambient on road-going vehicles. Such a vent will produce lots of pretty
nasty pollutants in form of unburnt HC.

You should vent to the intake instead, at a convenient spot in the inlet
system, before the butterflies. The air filter canister is usually a
convenient place. You should probably also fit a flame trap.

I would assume this was one of the very first anti-polution regulations,
introduced in the sixties, or perhaps even fifties in California.

The only disadvantage with this form of venting is that the inlet system
will get a thin but harmless layer of black deposits.

Egil
--
Email: egilk@sn.no  Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Snail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway