RE:VTR postmortems?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE:VTR postmortems?
From: "Joe Laurito" <TRGLORY@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 96 02:56:37 UT
Dave Garron writes:
>So, let's hear all about it!

Got there Wed afternoon; did the Funkhana. Couldn't hit the broad side of a
slammed '60 Caddy, but enjoyed it anyway.

Did the pool party; finally got to meet some of the SOLers beer-to-beer.

Did the Saratoga Springs run on Thu; bagged the battlefield and enjoyed the
day in the town of Saratoga instead. They had "Saratoga - July 11" in a huge
flower bed. How do they get the flowers to change every day?

Had a very intoxicating experience Thu nite, so we missed the Cooperstown run
(been there, done that) on Fri, but made the TSD rally in the afternoon. Good
rally by the Empire MSC.

Made the boat ride Fri nite; food was underwhelming but the boat ride was
great. Danced my donkey off on the second deck. Probably looked like that guy
in the Sunday funnies (the Foghorns?).

Did anybody mention that the show on Sat was a washout? If I had a trailer
queen there, I'm sure I would have been pissed. But my Bordeaux Red (brown)
driver doesn't impress anybody but me anyway, so it was no big deal. I figure
we had three great days for all the driving events.

Got to the banquet on Sat nite. Food was good as was the fellowship. The
Schlierers had a family emergency and had to leave early; I hope everything
turned out OK for them. They're nice folks.

ATA gets a big "thumbs up" from this writer. They made all the good stuff
happen and handled the bad stuff well IMHO.

>kicking myself all the way to Guam ......

Don't do that; come to the VTR '97 Eastern Regional Meet at Harrisburg next
year - it's a lot closer than Guam. We took some lessons from the people at
ATA and will try to provide you with a top quality event. BTW, it doesn't rain
in central PA (hmmmm ..... pack your plastic poncho). Thanks to all the good
friends I made - see you next year.

Joe Laurito
trglory@msn.com