Got the Weber on my Spitfire

Subject: Got the Weber on my Spitfire
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 22:42:02 -0400 (EDT)

   Hi All,

        Thanks for the Weber jetting assistance.  I received the new jets
 and the throttle linkage from Pierce Manifolds today.  They had what I
 needed, but I must say I wasn't impressed with Mr. Pierce's attitude (He
 acted on the phone as if he was doing me a favor selling me these parts).
        Anyway, the throttle linkage kit didn't come with instructions so I
 spend a while going, "Hmm... how 'bout like this... nope, like this? nope...
 ah, this sorta works." After sorting that out (I think I got it right) I
 adjusted the idle mixture and went for a test drive.  She ran fantastically.

        All I can say is, Where'd my Spit go?  Cause this can't be the same
 car.  It sounds great, drives great, quite a bit more power.  This was a
 good idea.  I even managed to accidentally chirp the tires while
 downshifting from forth to third to take a turn.  It sure never would have
 done that with the ZS-150.

        Anybody who is considering this conversion, do it!  That is, unless
 you're a stickler for originality, or emissions regulations are strict in
 your area.  (My last inspection was "turn on your high beams... ok, $15
 please. A far cry from the MOT, huh?)

        Only problem is now I really gotta go in and replace those main
 bearings so the damn thing will stop rattling and have some reasonable oil
 pressure.  Oh well, crank is already scored anyway.  When the B goes to the
 bodyshop I'll have some free garage space to do the work.

                                        Jeremy DuBois
                                        Programmer/System Administrator
                                        Thermalogic Corporation
                                        '74 MGB, '76 Spit