Re: Spitfire Clutch

To: mrdon%denver.net_at_internet_gateway@ccmgate1.sc.intel.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Clutch
From: Mike A Gendimenico <Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 96 15:39:00 PDT
Text item:

Has the car been sitting for any length of time?  The clutch just may be stuck.
I installed a new gearbox and clutch in my GT6 about a year ago and it sat for a
few weeks at a times during the winter and the clutch froze a couple of times.
I just jacked up the rear, started the car, revved it just a bit, hit the brakes
and it broke loose.

Mike

Am having problems with clutch on 76 Spitfire.

The clutch, pressure plate, Etc. are new.  they worked for about
1,000 miles just fine.

Now the clutch will not disengage.

The master and slave cylinder are fine.  if you pump the pedal the slave =
cylinder
bottoms out but no disengagement.

The throw-out fork pivot pin was replaced with a   5/16   X  4" bolt and =
is fine

Any suggestions on where to go from here.

Thanks in advance

Don

Text item: External Message Header