New tires for TR-3A

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: New tires for TR-3A
From: Tom Keehn <tkeehn@haywire.csuhayward.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 1996 14:26:18 -0700 (PDT)
Hi everyone,

        I'm in the process of turning over my TR3 to our son (22yrs).  It runs
fine and will only need a little detail work to look great.  One item
that needs to be replaced are the tires.  I'm currently running 5.60-15s
on the original steel (non wire wheels) wheels.  These tires need to be
replaced due to low tread wear and apparent dry rot.

        We're looking for recommendations on what tire options are now
available that would provide better driveability and a safer ride (read:
radial tires and wider tread) without causing interference with the
frame/body.  Any info on size and type of tire plus sources (both
standard and non-standard sizes) would be appreciated.

        Besides the the tire info what other considerations should we be
aware of re the pro & cons of going to a non-standard tire size.

TIA, tom keehn