Price for a Pair of seats needed...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Price for a Pair of seats needed...
From: Jacob ben-David Zimmerman <zimerman@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 01:35:43 EDT
I'm not sure what year these puppies are...they're in a 1971 TR6, but I don't
think they're the right.  THey're a kinda 'squat', and have a short headrest
which, although it looks like it should be extendable, isn't.  This could be
because they're solidly rusted shut. :-)  Anyhow, mine were New Tan; but I'd
planned on having them redone anyhow...the reason I ask is that my driver's
seat (LHD) has weakened...I'm not light, and when I sit down, some of my
weight hits the seat back instead of the seat itself, and it's started
bending back on the right (inboard) side.  I can rebend it, but the metal has
weakened.  So, since I was ggoing to have them redone, maybe I should look
for a new pair...I'm trying to price which is better, having these strengthened
with welding and reupholstered, or just getting a new set of frames.

Thanks!
-JBZimmerman!