Triumph (?) side-mirrors

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumph (?) side-mirrors
From: Michael Noerregaard <ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 17:20:34 -0500
Time has come for me to find a set of sidemirrors for my GT6 - since when I
bought it in the spring it did not come with any - and it is kind of helpful
to have...

Wel, my problem is that I would to use the existing mounting holes in the
door -  but the format of them does not match anything I can see from VB or
TRF. The fact is, that they mounting holes are just about 4 (yes, FOUR)
inches from eachother (4.15 to more precise - measured from center to center
of the mounting holes)). Anybody on the list know of any source for such
side-mirrors? Or anybody have an old/new set laying around - I would love to
hear about it. I am not so concerned with whether they end up being
bullet-style (the US-GT6 option), late style British Leyland door mirrors,
or lucas-style door mirrors

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

GT6 Mk. 2 1969 (w/1972 GT6 engine - and targa-top)
GT6 Mk. 3 1972 (w/TR250 engine)
....not responsible for any of these changes...
..the DPO did it....hmmmm.....