Re: Dessicant Supplier

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dessicant Supplier
From: kboetzer@auspex.com (Ken Boetzer)
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 15:40:26 -0700
> Friends,
> I think it sounds like a great idea to include dessicant with stored
> parts. How about putting it inside the hollow parts of the frame and body
> of the car so as to inhibit condensation and subsequent rust during
> storage and after driving in wet road conditions?

Good afternoon,

I think the fatal flaw in this is, the dessicant will only absorb so much
water, and then just turn into a soggy salty (Usually it's some form of
salt that is the water getter.) mess. YECH! It will then rust its way to
center of the earth. (As far as your car is concerned anyway.) Even if the
water getter isn't some form of salt it will still have a finite ability
to absorb water. Since the hollow areas aren't hermetically sealed there
is a virtually infinite supply of water.

This could of course lead to some interesting science fiction. 1) The quest
for the perfect dessicant to rust proof our LBCs produces a dessicant that
absorbs all available water that leads to the desrtuction of the planet. 2)
The near perfect desicant absorbs so much water that it leads to violently
exploding LBCs that destroys the planet, 3) The perfect protectant is invented
to prevent the rusting of LBCs which then last forever, but due to the long
term polution of dripping oil and excessive exhaust emmissions leads to the
destruction of the planet.

Now we just need an ending that involves tall blonde women with large breasts
that save us all.

Is it Friday yet?

:-)

Ken Boetzer