Re: Pulling the Crank Pulley

To: luchette%apple.com_at_internet_gateway@ccmgate1.sc.intel.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pulling the Crank Pulley
From: Mike A Gendimenico <Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 96 08:20:00 PDT
Text item:

I've done this with a couple of american cars, should work with an LBC
too.
Place a breaker bar with an impact socket on the nut and place it
against the frame (let's see, the engine turns clockwise viewed from the
front, so place it to the right, so it doesn't fly around).  Disconnect
the coil wire and give the engine a crank.  It should break the nut
free.  To tighten, use an impact wrench.

Mike

/I have to pull the crank pulley on my '79 Spitfire to remove the timing
/chain cover(the mount for the chain tensioner fell off). The Haynes
/manual says "remove crank pulley"(sounds easy!).

/Well, I have the socket and ratchet, but when I turn the nut to the
/pulley the pulley turns as well. The manual also says to use a steel rod
/and hammer to pound the nut off, but on my car the nut is recessed in
/the pulley so that's not an option.

/Any advice on how to get this thing off?

/Todd

Text item: External Message Header