Tounneau Troubles - TR4

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tounneau Troubles - TR4
From: shammy@inmind.com (Christian Simonsen)
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 1996 18:24:41 GMT
I finally pulled my new tonneau cover out of the box and threw it on that
big hole where the seats are. I've bought the cover 2 years ago with the
rest of the big reconstruction order, but after getting the car on the road
last year, have just now gotten around to trying the fit.

It doesn't seem to be long enough. Any one had any troubles with Robbins
tonneau covers shrinking? or just plain being short.

Think it would do any good put it in tension (the tonneau, not the car) and
try to stretch it in the sun?

It may barely fit if I put the snaps in at the very edges. So, I need about
1.5 inches.

The way it fits makes me think that it would be best to park the car
pointing uphill if I wish not to fill the car with water should it rain.

No VTR for me, my project at work just got moved up so I'll be a little
working man while some of you are having pool parties, etc. RATS!!!
Christian Simonsen
Virginia, USA
shammy@inmind.com

1954 TR2 TS1675  long door waiting for attention

1963? TR4 CT 24093 LO runs like a champ most days

Homebrewer extraordinaire (in one of my wildest dreams anyway)