Re: Stag Ignition light

To: lchillin%siu.edu_at_internet_gateway@ccmgate1.sc.intel.com, stag@homer.balltown.cma.com, TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stag Ignition light
From: Mike A Gendimenico <Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 96 08:40:00 PDT
Text item:

If the electricals are similar to the GT6 (which they probably are), then
the diode pack in your alternator is bad.  The battery won't charge when
running and with the ignition off, the shorted diode draws current from
your battery, causing the ignition light to glow.  You can either replace
just the diode pack or have the whole alternator rebuilt.  Look for some
local places that specialize in alternators/starters, they should have the
diode pack or be able to repair it for you.

Mike

The ignition light on the dashboard of my '73 Stag is staying on after the
ignition is turned off and the key removed.  Of course this killed my
battery overnight.  Does anyone know if this is symtomatic of anything or
just a short or what???  Any suggestions on what I should do about it????
* Lawrence Schilling     *
* Institutional Research *
* So. Ill. University    *
* lchillin@siu.edu       *