Newbie questions...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Newbie questions...
From: "Jim Stoll" <stollj@ncr.disa.mil>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 96 10:28:17 EST
     Hello All,
     I'm new to TR's and to this list.  I'm keenly interested in getting
     hold of a TR6 in the near future.  I'm hoping to find one that runs
     reasonably well but that can use a little work (ie, I'd like to keep
     the cost down to around $3K :)  I enjoy working on cars (that I don't
     HAVE to drive to work the next day...) and am a big Weber fan, so I'd
     like to eventually do a rebuild with one or more 40 DCOE's, a nice
     street cam and an Ansa or similar exhaust.  I used to tinker around
     with Hondas, so I've got some experience with this kind of work.

     Before jumping into the TR6 world, though, I'd like to learn a bit
     about them.  I've been cruising the Web a little and have been able to
     pick up some info.  It sounds as if VTR is a great way to get to know
     the cars and the people who love them.  Is anyone on this list a
     member of the Washington, DC area chapter?  If so, is there a number I
     can call to find out more info?  Are there any meetings or events
     planned for the month of July?  Is there anyone with a TR6 who'd
     entertain a short visit from an interested newbie?  (I'd promise not
     to drool on the leather... :)  Does anyone have an old Bentley's
     manual they'd like to sell?  (I consider that type of thing to be good
     reading...)

     On the techie nerd side, does anyone know of a reader tool that can be
     used to cruise through the digest files?  (ie, be able to jump to a
     particular message, search for a subject or key word in the file, etc,
     etc...)  If not, and if you have any ideas for one, let me know, as I
     might whip something up myself.  (Yes, that's right, I'm a
     professional computer geek... :)

     Thanks much for any and all info and help!!!

     TR6 Owner WannaBee,

     Jim Stoll
     McLean, VA

     stollj@ncr.disa.mil