TR6 in CA, 2K miles/

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 in CA, 2K miles/
From: rvince00@counsel.com (Ross Vincente -- Transamer. Financial - Los Angeles )
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 96 18:39:45 EDT

 To:    Triumphs List,          Inet

On Monday,  Jeremy DuBois wrote:
  Just saw this while poking around the web.  Looked intreging.
If anybody is interested:

MAKE:       Triumph
MODEL:      TR6
YEAR:       1971
MILEAGE:    2,000 Miles
PRICE:      $2,000 or Best Offer
DETAILS:    Interior Color: ???, Exterior Color: Red, Fair
Condition,              3 Speed, 2 Wheel Drive, 6 Cylinders In
Storage 15 yrs. Overhauled             before storage. Very
little body work done. CONTACT:    Randy Feeney E-MAIL:
 jrandy@directnet.com DAY PHONE:  310-862-9961 EVE. PHONE:  AREA:
           DOWNEY, California (South)

*****************************

So I called and spoke to the owner.  He states the following:  car
was brought out from Oklahoma about 18 yrs. ago by his father who
bought it from a guy who ran over a barb wire fnece in it shortly
after buying it.  PO did not have money necessary to fix it, it
sat  parked for several years, and then Mr. Feeney bought it.  It
ran at time of purchase and was drivable, and car was driven to CA
from Oklahoma.

Mr. Feeney started a restoration 15 yrs. ago, then stopped when he
and the misses moved back to Oklahoma.  Son Randy then put the car
in storage out here and has never had time to get to it.  Various
furry critters have gnawed, chewed and eaten their way through the
car.  All rubber, interior, top and plastic parts are shot and
need replacing.  Motor was rebuilt but has not been turned over
since storage 15 yrs. ago.  No special steps were taken prior to
storage, so I would assume the worst about the motor.  The front
end has minor body damage from the fence incident, and has never
been repaired.  Has a 4 speed without OD.  Oversize tires on
non-stock rims.  Randy states it does have a "high performance"
exhaust system (what ever that may mean).

All standard disclaimers apply.  I'm just passing along the
statements of Randy.  No personal knowledge whatsoever about the
car.

Ross D. Vincenti
64 Spitfire 4 (undergoing surgery)