Hood frame rivet source?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Hood frame rivet source?
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 13:13:28 -0700 (MST)
Cc: DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM
A fasten-ating question (hnyuk hnyuk),

I need to get ready for reassembly of the Vitesse's hood
(convertible top) frame, and to that end I need a source of the
appropriate rivets.

They're steel rivets, semi-tubular, 1/4" dia., flat head, in grip
lengths on the order of 5/8" to 3/4".

Similar if not identical rivets were used throughout the hood
frame of the TR4 and probably later TRs as well.   I cannot find
these anywhere. I've cruised the whole industrial section of town
visiting every fastener supplier in the phone book, and I've even
called that fount of wisdom John Kipping.  It's the first time
I've stumped 'im.  He doesn't know anybody who's disassembled
their hood frame.

Any suggestions appreciated.

- Dan Parslow