Spitfire Progress

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire Progress
From: rvince00@counsel.com (Ross Vincente -- Transamer. Financial - Los Angeles )
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 96 16:14:32 EDT

 To:    Triumphs List,          Inet

News flash . . . .

Triumph owner spends big bucks and gets FREE SHIPPING from
England!  F.Y.I., just ordered about $1,400 US of parts from John
Kipping and they paid the shipping.  Whatadeal!  Best of all,
almost everything was in stock, except for a radiator overflow
bottle and a new wiring harness (special order).  Terrific folks,
too.  Extremely helpful and knowledgable, fast and efficient.
Parts should arrive in big box(es) within 7 days.  YIPPEE!

As to my beloved Spit. body and frame, the frame is done.  Looks
great in black paint.  The body went out today to the painter.  I
know, I know.  I said I was going to chemically strip it in my
driveway, but you know something  --  I am getting too damn old to
spend my entire weekend sniffing chemicals and scrapping a 32 year
old car body of old paint.  So, off it went to the paint shop
where they can do the dirty work and off I went to the
refrigerator for a cold beer (we are in the middle of a heat wave
- 95 deg. F. in downtown LA this past weekend).  Signal Red, hand
buff, etc.  2 weeks he says.  More like 3 I figure.  So what, I am
making progress now.

I have beadblasted all of the smaller suspension and engine and
other miscellaneous parts and primed them already.  I'll paint
them in my workshed next weekend.   The motor is another story.  I
think I'll get the rolling frame put back together and then drop
the motor in, then put the body on.  Anyways, the fun part is
about to start.  By God, maybe the beast will be done before the
end of summer!  Cheers.

RDV