GT6 seatbelt solution

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 seatbelt solution
From: Mike A Gendimenico <Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 96 11:40:00 PDT
There was a thread a while back about seat belts for GT/TR6s.  I suppose
this applies to Spits as well since they use the same configuration.
Anyway, I've been using early, non-retractable belts from an early GT6
on my '73 GT6 and have been looking for some time for replacemnt
retractable shoulder/seat belts.  The local yards wanted $120 for a set
of late model Spit belts and new ones are not available.  I've made
several trips to the local pick and pull joint and on the last visit,
decide to try a set from a late model RX7.  I installed them this
weekend and they fit perfect, cost $11 and they're like brand new.  The
only thing missing is the reel covers since the reels are normally
inside a panel, but I should be able to fashion something.  I knew there
was something else from an RX7 that I could put in an LBC besides the
motor!  :-)

Mike