TR6 & 15x7 Panasports

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 & 15x7 Panasports
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane Ingate)
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 96 11:35:36 PDT
[My 1st attempt to post this seems to have died...apologies for bombing!]

All,

        I am considering purchasing a set of 15x7 Panasports
for my '74 TR6.  After a bit of research, I discover that
the "backspace" dimension for the 15x7 (with +0mm offset)
is 3.9", compared with the "backspace" dimension for the 15x6
(with +10mm offset) of 3.8".  [Stock 15x5.5, have I believe,
3.5" backspace with +12mm offset].

        Has anybody on the list fitted 15x7's?  There is 0.5"
clearance between the stock wheel and the upper A-arm bolt.
Will the 15x7 have insufficient clearance?  Are there (easy!) ways to
make it fit?

        I am running BFG "Touring T/A" 205/70 tyres.  Am I likley to
run into problems with rubbing against the outer fender?  Will the
rubbing occur on the straight-ahead, while turning, while cornering?
Are there any measures I can adopt to reduce any rubbing?  Spacers?

        I dont want to flare the fenders.  Any advice would
be most appreciated!

        Cheerio,
        Shane Ingate
        San Diego, CA '74 TR6