'72 TR6 Questions

To: TR6 <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: '72 TR6 Questions
From: Bill Georgas <0005419627@mcimail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 96 12:47 EST
Hi all,

I've been lurking on the list for a while, and have been seriously
considering a '72 TR6.

I have a couple of specific questions/concerns I'd like to bounce off
the group:

-  Oil Pressure seems to run about 35-40 once the engine is warm.
I've heard about 50 is better, any suggestions?

-  The car is running a little rich, and seems to hestitate/misfire
from about 2800RPM to 3500RPM.  Really strong beyond that, idles pretty
smooth.  I would think the carbs (they've been rebuilt) need some work/re-sync.
 Thoughts?

Thanks in advance, and I'd appreciate direct responses, I am on the
digest version.

Bill

bgeorgas@mcimail.com