Re: How to get an old car (even if you're not so old).

To: rorr@eagle.wbm.ca (Rodney Orr), TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How to get an old car (even if you're not so old).
From: twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman)
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 07:58:12 -0800
At 12:38 AM 3/30/96 -0600, Rodney Orr wrote:
>Thought I'd share this story about something that helped convince my wife I
>really needed a TR6.  She had heard an anthropologist describe
>`40-something' males with red sportscars as being quite normal because,
>somewhere in our primitive past, women often died early deaths - something
>about having had a dozen or so children one after another.  As a result
>though, those 40-something cavemen were forced to find new mates.  Well, it
>seems we haven't yet lost this primal mid-life need, but that it is now
>often filled by a sportscar.  Makes sense to me - kind of always felt like I
>was hard wired on certain things.  BTW, it also helps that my wife is very
>understanding, especially since we had to sell her car to get the Triumph.
>
>Rod.  (with '70 TR6 by nature and nurture.)

And I guess that the woman with a red sports car is the primal equivelent
of the woman who lost her mate to a saber tooth tiger.

On the othere hand, when shoping for a TR3 I was faced with a quantity of
one within my price range and it just happened to have been red when it
left the factory so I'm not sure it means all that much other than false
data for the anthropologist set.  The DCOEs are probably a better data
point ;*)

TeriAnn

twakeman@scruznet.com   <- NOTE NEW ADDRESS

Celebrating my tenth year on Usenet/Internet