How to get an old car (even if you're not so old).

To: TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Subject: How to get an old car (even if you're not so old).
From: rorr@eagle.wbm.ca (Rodney Orr)
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 00:38:17 -0600
Thought I'd share this story about something that helped convince my wife I
really needed a TR6.  She had heard an anthropologist describe
`40-something' males with red sportscars as being quite normal because,
somewhere in our primitive past, women often died early deaths - something
about having had a dozen or so children one after another.  As a result
though, those 40-something cavemen were forced to find new mates.  Well, it
seems we haven't yet lost this primal mid-life need, but that it is now
often filled by a sportscar.  Makes sense to me - kind of always felt like I
was hard wired on certain things.  BTW, it also helps that my wife is very
understanding, especially since we had to sell her car to get the Triumph.

Rod.  (with '70 TR6 by nature and nurture.)