RE: Cars owned

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Cars owned
From: CLAY_SCOTT@HP-Loveland-om10.om.hp.com
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 96 10:05:01 -0700
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
You folks got me reminiscing, so since I built a mental list I figured I might
as well write it down.  The * means still in my "collection".  In order, as well
as I remember:

48 Willys Overland Jeep Station Wagon.  Never got to drive it.
52? Rabbit motor scooter.  Built by Fuji Industrial Corp. in Japan.  Only one
    I ever saw.  Still have a rabbit emblem.
60 Chevy Impala Convertible.
63 Chevy Biscayne 4 door.
64 Chevy Impala Convertible.  Wish I still had it.
60 Plymouth Valiant.  Gave my dad $150 to buy a Corvair convertible from
   a friend, he added $25 and bought me this instead.  Ugliest car I ever
   owned.  Also the first car that came home under its' own power.  Took it
   to school and used it in a car bash!
70 Toyota "Corroda" MK II.  Spun a rod after 31 days.  Had a 30 day warranty.
   How do they know these things?  Car rotted so bad I had to set forms for
   the bondo.  Won lots of pylon races before retiring it
72 Triumph TR6.  Car tried to self-destruct.  Let a friend talk me out of it
   at a weak moment.  Still miss it.
65 Dodge 1/2 ton Pickup. Brought the TR6 and me to Colorado.
75 Dodge van.  Customized.  Great portable "motel".
77 Triumph TR7. Too many 7's must not be lucky.  Ex girlfriend got it.
*80 Triumph TR8.  First and only new car.
76 Chevy Luv pickup.  Sold it to buy a 4x4.
80 Chevy Luv 4x4.  Took me to lots of cool Ghost Towns and old mines.
*69 Dodge Super Bee.
*81 Kawasaki KZ750 E2.  Bought new.
*70 Plymouth Super Bird.  Some of us OWN the "birds and the bees".
68 Dodge Dart GTS.  340 automatic.  Damned quick.
*72 Plymouth Barracuda.  Original 318 3-speed car.  Now a 340 six-pack pistol-
   grip 4 speed car.  Can lift 1 front wheel when conditions are right!
73 'Cuda.
*72 'Cuda (shell)
*62 Buick Special.  Has a 215 V8.
62 Olds F85 convertible.  Had a 215 V8.
*72 Toyota Celica.  Wanted to slip a 215 into this.  I'll be dead before I
   find the time.
*75 Dodge 4x4 pickup.  Mean Green's the name, mass destruction's the game.
*79 Dodge 4x4.  DPO forgot "Shiny side up" rule.  Feeds parts to Mean Green.
*79 Dodge Little Red Express Pickup.
*80 Triumph TR8.  Bought as a parts car.  Too nice to break.  May be "hers".
*94 Dodge Ram 1500. Bought new.

I tell my friends "I bought a new car, a new motorcycle, and a new Truck.  I
suppose when I retire I'll have to buy a new motor home."  Of course personal
space travel may be cheap by the time I can retire.
Anybody else into Mopars and Triumphs?
                                                Clay