Re: Cars owned

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cars owned
From: TRHeaven@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 21:36:04 -0500
Might as well add my short list:

1979 Mercury Capri Turbo - first car, had a four speed, my Dad drove it home
for me,
        because I couldn't drive a standard trans. Had the car two weeks,
then took my
        driver's ;license test in it - Perfect score! Put in an SVO spec 2.3L
turbo engine.
        Wrecked it twice.  After second wreck, sold it to have money for
college.
1984 Ford EXP Turbo - Recieved as gift from Grandmother (she felt sorry for
me).
        Not satisfied with performance, so I swapped in 2.3 from a Tempo and
added
        turbo stuff from a Mustang.
1984 Ford Thuderbird Turbocoupe - Traded EXP for this.  Put lots o' money in
this
        one.  Could outrun '80s Vettes in drag races and run door to door on
top end.
        It had a Roush Racing SCCA Trans-Am spec 2.3L turbo 4.  A drunk lady
        ran a red light and . . . . . . . .
1989 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 - First new car.  Not as fast as Turbo 'Bird, but
built to
        run with Mustang GTs and outrun pre-'93 Z28s and TAs.  Artificially
limited to
        125MPH (my own doing).  Put 140,000 extremely hard miles on this one.
1995 Nissan Sentra GLE - Wife liked Z24, but wanted a four door, so bye-bye
Z24.
         But part of the deal was a . . . . . .
1977 Triumph Spitfire - Love it!  Keeping forever, unless it gets totaled.
 (First car
         totaled, second not, third totaled, fourth not, fifth ? [Nissan is
wife's, so Spit
         is fifth] )
1996  ????? Either a Mustang Cobra or Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - wife is tired of
         Sentra already (only 6 months old), misses Z24, wants something with
more
         power.

I'm only 27 and 2/3 of the cars I have owned were capabale of hitting 100MPH
or faster in the 1/4 mile.  I wonder what the fastest Spitfire is capable of?