Re: Rust-free Storage

To: James F Kennedy <jkennedy@mit.edu>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rust-free Storage
From: jtw@mercury.lcs.mit.edu (John Wroclawski)
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 15:00:23 -0500
At 6:49 PM 3/26/96, James F Kennedy wrote:
>Does anyone out there have postive or negative stories about storing your
>>car(s) in one of those bag systems.  I'm looking at one that has a poly
>shell >and dessicant for humidity control.

I used an "Omnibag" to store a TR3 for two years. Worked great; for example
the brake rotors didn't rust at all. You should pre-dry the dessicant by
heating in your oven (dessicant should come with temp and time
instructions) for a while before you use it, and try to seal the bag up on
a not-so-humid day to give the dessicant a head start.

I think you could almost certainly save some $$ by just buying a big
plastic bag and some dessicant from a local industrial supply place, if you
can find one that sells it. These aren't terribly uncommon commodities..

        -john

John Wroclawski
jtw@lcs.mit.edu